On October 4, you will have an opportunity to join a Hangout on the topic of accessibility.
You can register for the Hangout and learn more details here:
You can read all about the criteria and other requirements on the challenge website, but here is a quick summary of what the judges will be looking for:
- Effective use of Google App Engine (Compulsory)
- All submissions must have an appspot.com domain
- Originality of concept
- Relevance to region (SSA, LATAM, India, SEA, MENA)
- Polish and appeal
- Usability on multiple screen sizes
- Indispensability: Is the application compelling and/or essential?
- Amount of user interactions on their app (comments, +1s, FB Likes, etc...)
- Google+ Sign-In / Integration (Not compulsory: Bonus points)
- Creative use of YouTube and Google Maps APIs (Not compulsory: Bonus points)
- Use of other Google platforms/APIs (Not compulsory: Bonus points)